Learn Blockchain technology in depth and how it is changing the world around us. In this 4 weeks hands-on workshop, you will learn about Blockchain and the problems it solves. You will explore smart contract development and how it simplifies processes, brings transparency and addresses the problem of trust that exists today. You will understand Blockchain use cases for multiple industry verticals through use case analysis, demos and interaction with smart contracts. You will learn to use a decision-making process for choosing a Blockchain platform for specific enterprise use cases, and understand the advantages and trade-offs of using Blockchain compared to traditional technology.
Who should attend
This workshop is designed for CXO’s, VPs, Directors, Senior Management, Middle Management, Project Managers, Business Analysts, Technical Architects and others who are interested in understanding Blockchain technology, its impact in the enterprise, Blockchain use cases in different industry verticals, learn to analyse if a use case requires Blockchain, and learn the process of implementing a Blockchain based solution.
Every Saturday and Sunday for 4 weeks, 2 hours each day.
Hardware and software you need
- Laptop or desktop with 64-bit CPU, at least 4GB RAM and 10GB free disk space
- Operating System: Windows 7, 8.1, 10, MacOS Sierra or higher
- A good set of headphones or speakers
- Chrome or Firefox Browser
All participants in this course receive a participation certificate without requiring to attend an exam. However, to receive a course certificate, participants are required to attend a proctored exam at the end of the course. The following resources are available to help you pass the exam:
- A sample exam of 10 questions, along with answers, is available here for review.
- A 40 questions mock exam will be provided before the certification exam as a training aid.
Participation certificates and badges are issued to all the participants within 2 days after the course. The course certificate exam is conducted at the end of the course. Certificates and badges are issued to passing candidates within 7 working days after the exam.
- Identify use cases where a Blockchain can be used.
- Select the right consensus mechanism for different types of Blockchain implementations and platforms.
- Identify business processes that benefit from smart contracts.
- Use a decision making framework to filter use cases that are a good fit for Blockchain technology.
- Identify the right Blockchain platform to use for a specific use case.
Learning objectives (LOs) are brief statements that describe what you are expected to know after each chapter. The LOs are defined as K1: Remember, K2: Understand, K3: Apply. The learning objectives of this course are:
- Explain what a Blockchain is and how it works under the hoods. (K1)
- Understand the different types of Blockchain platforms and which ones to use for specific use cases. (K2)
- Select the right consensus mechanism for different types of Blockchain implementations and platforms. (K3)
- Understand how Blockchain wallets work. (K2)
- Use Blockchain wallets to interact with a Blockchain network. (K3)
- Explain what is a smart contract. (K1)
- Understand how smart contracts work and what problems they solve. (K2)
- Explain the reasons to use a smart contract. (K1)
- Understand the use cases where smart contracts are used in the enterprise. (K2)
- Deploy and work with smart contracts. (K3)
- Understand how smart contracts integrate with end user facing web applications and oracles. (K2)
- Understand how smart contracts enable the creation of smart assets. (K2)
- Demonstrate the use of a smart contract enabled smart asset. (K3)
- Understand the present business problems in various industry verticals that can be solved with Blockchain. (K1)
- Understand the advantages and trade-offs in using Blockchain to solve problems. (K1)
- Demonstrate the use of Blockchain for various use cases (Finance, Supply Chain, Identity etc). (K3)
- Understand how Blockchain compares with a traditional database. (K1)
- Understand and explain the advantages of Blockchain. (K1)
- Understand the trade-offs when using a Blockchain. (K1)
- Explain the differences between popular Blockchain platforms. (K2)
- Understand the role of Blockchain when used with other technologies like Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Internet of Things (IoT). (K1)
- Explain the economic and incentive models used by popular Blockchain platforms. (K2)
- Understand DeFi (Decentralized Finance). (K1)
- Understand the current state of regulations for Blockchain and Cryptocurrencies. (K1)
- Understand the future of Blockchain technology. (K1)
- Apply a decision making framework to evaluate whether Blockchain is a good fit for a specific use case. (K3)
- Understand how Blockchain can be integrated with existing enterprise applications. (K1)
- Understand the skills required by business analysts, technical architects and developers to work on Blockchain applications. (K1)
Introduction to Blockchain technology
Explore the basics of Blockchain and how it works under the hoods. Understand the different types of Blockchain platforms and which ones to use for specific use cases. You will learn:
- What is a distributed ledger
- What problems are we trying to solve with a Blockchain
- Run through a live Blockchain demo
- Consensus Models
- Why do we need different consensus models
- Types of Blockchain platforms
- Hands on demo: Using Blockchain wallets
- Hands on demo: Transacting with Blockchain wallets
- What are smart contracts
- Why and when do we need smart contracts
- Smart contract use cases in the enterprise
- How do smart contracts work, exactly?
- Hands on demo: Designing and implementing a simple smart contract
- Hands on demo: Interacting with a smart contract
- Hands on demo: Implementing a user interface to interact with smart contracts
- What are smart assets
- How do smart assets work
- Hands on demo: Creating a smart asset
- Hands on demo: Using a smart asset
Use case analysis and demos
For each use case below, we will explore the problem statement, possible solutions, why Blockchain is used, and what is the expected outcome & trade-off of implementing Blockchain. For some use cases, we will have hands-on labs where you can interact with proof of concept solutions.
- Blockchain for Digital Identity
- Blockchain in Banking
- Blockchain for Supply Chain
- Blockchain for Escrow Services
- Blockchain for Government use cases
- Blockchain in Legal Services
- Blockchain in Insurance
- Multi-sig transactions
- Blockchain in E-Commerce
- Blockchain for Authenticity Verification
- Blockchain vs Traditional Storage (RDBMS, NoSQL etc)
- Advantages of Blockchain
- Disadvantages of Blockchain
- Comparison of Different Blockchain Platforms for Enterprise Use Cases
- Blockchain and AI
- Blockchain and IoT
- Testing Blockchain Applications
- Economic and incentive models in popular Blockchain platforms
- Blockchain and Cryptocurrency Regulations
- Future of Blockchain - where is it headed?
Blockchain decision making
- Decision Making Framework: When Do You Need a Blockchain?
- Integrating Blockchain With Enterprise Applications
- Business Analyst skills
- Technical Architect skills
- Developer Skills